St. Mary's is committed to providing a 21st-century learning environment.
The driving factor of the Digital Citizenship Initiative is our 1:1 interactive laptop program, which means each student in grades 6-12 at St. Mary's uses their own laptop as a part of the daily school curriculum.
“Curriculum and instruction for 21st-century learning prepares students to become expert users of technology, able to create, publish, and critique digital products that reflect their understanding of the content and their technological skills.”
Students will use their laptop in every class for the following benefits:
- A medium for their direct participation in—and interaction with—the learning process
- A means of richer collaboration with their teachers and other students
- A powerful organizational tool
- A vehicle for research; and a tool for completing and submitting assignments.
- A way for instant access to school email and the student portal
Information about the Student Laptop Program
1. Families may purchase a MAC or PC Laptop from any retailer.
2. All laptops must have a minimum 8GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage.
3. There is a lease option through St. Mary's for families. Parents/guardians should visit the parent portal for more information and to opt-in if desired.
4. Laptops will be setup with applicable St. Mary's portal and email access through our IT department.
5. Participation in St. Mary's Digital Citizenship 1:1 laptop program is required of every student.
6. Students may still use an iPad in the classroom for a learning tool as needed.